About Me

My photo
This is our family blog: We are now a family of FOUR! We are loving life with our son Kade who is three years old and our daughter Corinne who was born on July 13th 2009. Time is flying by and we are trying to cherish every moment with our kiddos. Things have gotten even busier lately as we get to know our new girl. Hopefully this blog will help us to keep track of the little moments and share them. Kade and Corinne are such a bright spots in our lives and we want to share them with you.

Monday, August 4, 2008

Our Farm Boy




Kade and I made a trip up to Bamaw and Papaw Furrer's farm last Friday. Kade just loves it up there to say the least. Within 15 min of arriving he had already fell into the pond and needed a change of clothes. He really loved the fishing. He kept saying, "I fish too. I have worm too." He even got to eat his bounty that evening during their small "fish fry". I didn't know this but...Kade likes to eat fish. It was a surprise to me.
Well, when it was time to leave for the day Kade was very sad and wanted to stay with his "Bamaw" (my mom). Mom loved his idea so Kade spent the night at the farm and mommy went on home to daddy. We then met the next evening and retrieved our son back. It was a fun evening for Scott and I and Kade couldn't have been happier. When I told him that I was going home then he said, "Okay mommy...bye bye mommy." When he thought I might be staying after all he said, "No, mommy...No, mommy". Kade likes to have Bamaw all to himself.
As I drove away and headed towards home without Kade, I reflected on the last two years. God is so good. There is really nothing else to add to that. Kade has been the best gift that we have ever been given. It sounds so cliche but he is just growing up right before my eyes. I feel like I need to blink and capture every moment with him. I am so blessed.

No comments: